Chatting in the kitchen

This is a conversation I had with my niece in the kitchen the other day.  For those of you who don’t know, she’s 3½, smart as anything, and very verbal.

Hikmah - I’m a man
Me - You’re a man?
H - Yes I am
Me - So, what’s your name?
H - A Man (she didn’t exactly state the capitals, but I could tell she meant them)
Me - Mr Man?
H - No - Black Man (She has a Bat-man figurine - After months of her referring to him as ‘my man’, and me being childishly amused by that reminding me of Dara O’Briain and various other Irish people, I tried to teach her that his name was ‘Bat Man’ - ‘Black Man?’ she asked? ‘No, Bat Man’.  Since that day, he’s been Black Man.  I guess it’s logical, given his outfit, and she knows it makes me laugh every time).
Me - So, does that mean you can fly?
H - Yes I can. Hold my legs. I can fly like a duck.

This is a true story.  Stay tuned for further adventures of the coolest kid on the block.


Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

a few to get me started