Listening to Little Dragon

each time I think I've reached resolution
got to some sort of standing place in my head
i realise, too late, those guiding lines I let go
are still so very necessary
so I'm left, dizzy and spinning
in my attempts to go it alone, or perhaps
in the aftermath of opening myself
to too much newness all at once
my heart sirges with each discovered twist
every novel revelation or interpretation
but my head - overloaded, this excitement fatal to rationale
short-fusing the only to deal with this mass fusion,
more, mass confusion

floating, spent, back down to conformity
but even so, still compelled to snatch at
each shiny new idea on offer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

Troy Davis. Amnesty. Please.