~~Sum's profile pic~~




















Somehow we faded
like the blooms of the bunch you bought me
the day you told me it was over
and i felt something drain
from me - maybe colour, maybe hope
and my disbelief was a feeble wash
of grey

as their colours
drowned, dripped, dropped
from blossoms to mulch
i drooped

catching every ray
as it passed through their vase
sucking light and life
desaturation to a severe degree

head bowed
you tilted, wilted
trudged your way to the door

in a moment of reanimation
i rediscovered my true colours
took up that vase
and aimed

your exit became explosive
befitting, that crowning glory

'smashing', they all agreed

Comments

  1. At the end of this poem I love the double meaning of 'aimed' like I first imagined you meant the narrator aimed her camera atthe vase and produced a smashing photo but then I realised u also meant throwing the vase at him and smashing it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

Troy Davis. Amnesty. Please.