occupy LSX - day 7 - shift in faith
Today: - the catherdal issued this statement which basically can be summed up by the following excerpt from the Dean's open letter to OccupyLSX: " With a heavy heart I have to tell you that St Paul’s Cathedral has to be closed today until further notice, because of the legal requirements placed upon us by fire, health and safety issues." - a statement was issued by OccupyLSX in return, basically stating that the camp feels it has met the requirements placed by the London Fire Brigade, and Health & Safety officials. The conclusion of an emergency meeting held this afternoon was a consensus that the camp will stay in place for now, and continue to pursue a positive dialogue with the church, in terms of finding out what exactly are the issues to health & safety, given the above all-clear. I took a BBC reporter to task for In other news, tomorrow there will be celebrations of the camp's first week anniversary; there will be a public assembly at 1pm; and th...


Where are all these taken from? I want commentary!
ReplyDeleteOK, commentary you shall have:
ReplyDelete1. Picture of Zainab (my sister) on the coach home from Portsmouth, back when we both lived down there. I think she was asleep at this point.
2. This was my flat (bedsit) in Portsmouth. I loved that place - it was tiny, but I took it because of the windows on three sides - it was gorgeous waking up late on a Sunday and lazing in the sun (I think I possibly did this about three times when I was there, due to a combination of hardly ever being there at weekends, there never being any sun, and being very bad at lazing in bed).
3. This is a tree that I used to spend ages staring/day-dreaming at out of the window of my office/clinic in Portsmouth. I love trees.
4. & 5. Fields, snapped from trains, probably both somewhere between Portsmouth & London.
6. Dust motes in sunlight coming through the window behind the fish tank at home.
7. Hikmah (my niece) asleep in the sunbeams, with her funky boot-slippers, and a stuffed dog (Alexis De Los Flamencos) that I was given as a birthday present by fellow Erasmus students in Belgium.