I guess it's that time of the year...

2011 - the year that I...

- start to believe the positive things that friends tell me about myself;

- stop believing the negative voice in my head so frequently;

- keep promises that I make to myself;

- move onward, move upward;

- actually seek knowledge, and put it into practice;

- keep believing in the inherent goodness of people;

- stop being self-destructive (sleep, food, exercise, love);

- do less 'out' stuff;            - do more 'in' stuff;

- see friends more

- read less fiction, read more fact;

- remain passionate about the things I believe, while remembering that not everyone shares those beliefs, or that passion, no matter how much I love them, or how much I want them to;

- take more photos, and get better at doing so;

- write more, and get better at doing so;

- ask more questions, listen better to the answers;

- talk to my neighbours more;

- start guerilla gardening;

- lessen the arcs of my mood swings;

- keep loving as much as I can.

Comments

  1. guerilla gardening. Love that.
    Happy 2011 Wasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve and encourage all of the above. Add 'live more spiritually' in there too, a personal idiom.

    Jazakallah khairan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - shirley - so awesome to hear from you. hope all is well with you? Happy 2011 to you too. xxx

    - Z - yes! thanks for reading and feeding in. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

Troy Davis. Amnesty. Please.