50 weeks to be fantastic!

This is a precursor to a proper blog about this.

I work for a charity - Connect - the communication disability network.  We work with people with aphasia (a communication disability) in a lot of different ways to support them in reconnecting with life.

We're fundraising right now, (and always are) with the Fantastic 50 - 50 people/groupsetc to pledge/raise £500 each.

I like a challenge, and like the idea of being fantastic, so I've signed up.

Inspired by a friend who's given up chocolate, alochol, pizza AND cake for two months (!!!! - yep, mad - you can sponsor her here) and wanting to get svelter (cool word) I've decided the following:

As of today, I am going to lose 50lb in 50 weeks. For (at least) £500 of sponsorship.

That's just over 3.5 stones.  In just under a year. To raise half a grand (or more - I'm holding out for 'more')

Yes. ReallyNo, really.  50lb. 50 weeks. 500 squid.

As I would say, wow!

It's for a brilliant cause.   And I'm hoping the twin pressures of telling everyone I know (and a lot of people I don't), and needing to stick with it to raise the money will keep me going.  So basically, you all (everybody) will keep me going.

You all... will keep me... going.

There'll be updates, a pledge page, and a sponsor page.  There may even be pictures - all coming soon...

So yeah - 50lb in 50 weeks.  To raise a load of money. And break out the skinny jeans.

To be continued...

Comments

  1. Great Wasi! Rushing around after Hamza and Yusuf is on the menu for your Friday in Edinburgh then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

a few to get me started