Monday 30th March 2009 03:19 - 'One Before I Hit The Sack'

I think it's been ages since I wrote a proper note or blog. Despite really being in the mood to write one now, I realise that wouldn't be clever - though I've managed to get about 85% of my coursework done over the weekend, there still remains that other 15%, and a small matter of catching up with Arabic before class at 2pm tomorrow.
I've had a productive day (& night) though, so I thought I'd leave you with something which, at a more human time of day, I might consider dross, but which, at this time in the morning, high on fatigue and those special sleep-deprivation hormones, I'm rather fond of.

- - Tùil I/Starmore - -


Snared.
I remember it - so strong
all passion and depth,
awe-striking beauty.
So utterly perfect it stopped me in my tracks
and, forgetting to breathe,
I compelled my me to absorb that moment,
drink in every last detail,
each stroke. And draw. And dry.
Willed myself to form a perfect memory
too deep, too absolute to ever be swept
to the loose-locked room of unremembered.
I ached, staggered and stunned
by the force of that longing

Held on that remembering
so it glowed and growed,
Pushed out with its colours that throbbed
life-size rejected for the magnificence of
a memory projected
wide-screen the only possible view.
--------o0o----------
And then the revelation
later, later,
the truth shrunk to actuality.
Memory again my own mockery of me.

25/12/08; 7a.m. (before, not after, sleep)


This is a picture from an exhibition, Mamba, by Alice Starmore. It totally blew me away when I saw it at the exhibition in Stornoway, and is one of the few things I've ever properly coveted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

a few to get me started