- reasons i cannot accept your invitation -



Because 'like water for chocolate' was ample warning and 'object of my affection' was a blatant lie

Because 'I love you' carried no weight and dropped leaden at 'I'm sorry'

Because I cannot calm the factions of your civil war and I never claimed to be a pacifist

Because Hiroshima and Nagasaki should never be relevant pet names and our clouds are still dispersing

Because exile is no basis for a re-blooming of affection and I do not have the heart for asylum

Because I have finally authored the guide to my own sanity and I have no stomach for a second edit




Comments

  1. I like endings where you go down swinging. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only way to go down, i reckon. thank *you*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to the gate... I just saw this now, almost 3 months after it was posted. Loved it. Strong words, expertly threaded like a strand of pearls. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

Troy Davis. Amnesty. Please.