One for Mia, one for me

----Basta---

Do you remember that time
in El Corte Inglés
I crumpled,
coiled around sudden shock
waves of nausea
radiating from each mini-crest of pain.

You took me home
sent me to sleep;
single matress, cool, in your dark room.

You worried, when I woke,
that I shouldn't hear 'volare'
from the street
in case it should remind me too much
of him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

------Woken------

Shattered
Dashed
& I can feel me
already
doing that thing
where I draw back
and close off
and shut down
and pretend I didn't even care
                       I didn't even hope
                       I didn't even just die
                                                        a little
                                                            tonight.

Just. One. Line.

Enough to read
                     a whole life
or rather,
                 two.

Neither mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

a few to get me started