day/poem 12

(this is possibly another unfinished one, and doesn't mean very much at all, but makes me smile all the same)


-- running circles --

i see your lips curve up
rise to one side like a swing
at full tilt
but no danger of it hurtling down
to where i stand
smiling back up at you

and my hips bloom
and my belly blossoms
til small children could walk behind me
on summer days
grateful for shade that billows
a me-shaped shelter
cool as hell

and this is how it was always meant
to be
no crazed saviours
or burning femme fatale
just the quiet craziness of the everyday
and you holding my hand as we
let our magnums melt onto diamond cut grass
and consider paddling
in the algae-clad duck pond



Comments

  1. beautiful humor. cheers.


    amazing poetry,

    share 1 to 3 random poems with our poetry potluck today,

    Hope to see you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jingle. Not sure that I'll go for the pot luck just yet - i've had a look, and wouldn't be able to read, share and comment just at the moment - next month might be easier, if that'd be ok?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No point, just felt like writing (unedited)

On fear and being far from home when the fascism sets in

a few to get me started